Costs & Financing

  • StudentInClass
  • Expand All

    What costs will I be responsible for?

    All students are responsible for paying their own accommodation fees, travel costs (return airfare), health and travel insurance, visa application fee (if applicable) and all other livings expenses while abroad.

    How do I pay tuition for my study/work abroad experience?

    All students who participate in an international program pay their tuition and placement fees to George Brown College. No tuition fees are typically paid to the host institution.

    Will I still receive funding from the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)?

    Students may qualify for financial assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or the financial aid program from their home province for study or work abroad if:

    • Students are registered for the period in which they are studying or working abroad, and have made necessary fee payments, including deferrals
    • Studying or working abroad is a mandatory component of the program in order to receive the certificate, diploma or degree
    Students should contact George Brown College’s Financial Assistance Office at least two months prior to departure, in order to make all necessary arrangements, and must meet all criteria to qualify for OSAP. The study or work abroad component will be considered a regular part of the OSAP assessment.

    Grant for International Study Abroad Programs

    Students may apply for a $300-$400 study abroad grant administered by the College’s Student Awards Office. This grant will be allocated to students in financial need, who have participated in fundraising activities and require some modest assistance to meet their goal. Please remember that students requesting these grants must have their tuition fully paid, or grants will be applied against a student’s outstanding balance with the college.

    Please contact the Awards Office for more information:
    Phone: 416-415-5000 ext. 6500

    Financial Assistance

    Students currently on the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) can request to have their current OSAP file extended into the spring or summer term as long as they are officially registered and meet all OSAP requirements. Please contact the Financial Assistance Office at St. James at least 8 weeks prior to the course start date in order to make the necessary arrangements.