I cannot log into Blackboard:
Please try to log in to your Blackboard using your employee ID for both your Username and Password. If you’re still unable to log in, please email email@example.com.
I am missing courses on Blackboard, what should I do?
If your course list does not look correct please check the following:
- Check with your Chair or Coordinator to reassure you’re assigned to the CRN(s) in Banner and AI as an instructor
- Log in to Stu-view and confirm that you are attached to the missing CRN(s) (course reference number).
If you are assigned to the CRN(s) in Banner and AI as an instructor, but you’re still missing a course, please contact our faculty helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your employee number and the CRN(s)
How do I create or add content on Blackboard?
Here are the two videos to help you get started with your courses:
Where is the student list?
Student list is in the Full Grade Centre. To download it follow the steps below:
- Go to the Control Panel. Click Grade Center and select Full Grade Center.
- On the Grade Center screen, select Work Offline from the right-hand side of the screen and then select Download from the drop down menu.
- Under Data, select User Information Only option.
- Under Options select how you would like the data to appear:
a. Select the Delimiter Type: Tab-delimited (recommended) can be opened directly as an Excel (or compatible) spreadsheet.
b. Select whether to include Hidden Information: This refers to the columns and users, if any, that have been hidden on the Grade Center view.
- Choose to save the file to your computer or to the Content Collection in Blackboard.
- Click Submit.
- If you have chosen to download the file to your computer, click the Download button and save the file to your computer.
Download Students List/Grades – video tutorial
How to add a column in Blackboard in Grade Centre?
- Add a column in Grade Centre – video tutorial
My students can’t see their grades?
To make grades available to students, instructors must add the My Grades link to the left course menu. To do so, click the + sign at the top left corner of your page. Click Tool Link, type the Name My Grades. From the Type list select My Grades. Select Available to Users and Click Submit.
How to upload Test Questions?
To add test questions to Blackboard faculty may either use Responds or create questions manually in Blackboard.
- Create Questions Manually in Blackboard – video tutorial
To use Respondus to upload test questions to Blackboard, please email email@example.com
How to set up Group Work sessions?
You can create formal groups of students to collaborate on work, and create these groups one at a time or in sets. You can manually select group members or allow students to self-enroll. Each group has its own space, or homepage, with links to tools to help students collaborate. Only you and group members can access the group tools.
- Creating a Group on Blackboard – video Tutorial
How to Grade Assignments?
When you create an assignment, a column is added automatically to the Grade Center. An assignment that has been submitted, but not graded, is indicated with an exclamation mark—the needs grading icon.
How to link my Course Outline:
You may add your Course Outline as a web link inside a content area in your course or upload the File directly to the content area.
Click on the required content are, and click Build Content, Web link. In the Name field, type Course Outline. Copy the web address into the URL field and click Submit.
To upload the file into the content area, click the content area, Build Content, File. Type the Name, Click Browse My Computer, Select the course outline, then click Open. Select Yes beside Open in New Window and click Submit.