Records & Transcripts

Your academic record reflects your academic achievements while at George Brown College. You may need it to apply for a job or to another college or university. It is in your best interest to make sure your record is correct (e.g. proper spelling of your name). The name on your record will appear on your credential.


A transcript is a complete record of the grades you earned while attending the College. Find out how to order your transcript.

The Registrar's Office

The Registrar's Office performs the following functions to assist you:

  • processes student grades and academic standing when these are received from the academic faculties
  • computes grade points and grade point averages
  • produces transcripts
  • grants diplomas, certificates and degrees

Access to Records

Your records (personal information) are the property of the College. The College is bound by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (2002). Only you (or someone with your written permission) can view and obtain a copy of your records. To protect your confidentiality and the College’s liability, you must provide written consent for a third party to access or discuss personal information held by the College.

Holds on Records

If you owe the College money, have not returned College property, or have other outstanding issues, the College can hold your records, including:

  • transcripts
  • tax forms
  • other College documents
  • diplomas, certificates and degrees
  • letters of attendance


Registrar's Office: