1. From an Internet browser navigate, and log in, to George Brown's self-serve password utility.
a) In the browser address bar enter:https://service.georgebrown.ca.
If a security warning is displayed, click on Continue to this website.
b) Enter your User ID.
c) Click on Forgot your password?.
3. The Forgot Your Passwordpage is displayed, and you are prompted for answers to 3 of the questions you chose when you first used the utility.
a) Enter the answers.
b) Click OK.
Please note that after 5consecutive failed attempts, the system displays a dialogbox stating that your account is suspended. The system sends an email message containing your password to the email account registered in Banner (staff) or Stu-View (students).
If you have not registered an emailaddress, contact the following for assistance with unlocking your account:
- Staff (including staff with a locked out student User ID): call the Contact Centre (ext. 2000)
- Students: visit a Student Service Centre or call the Contact Centre (ext. 2000)
4. The Specify New Passwordpage is displayed.
a) Enter an identical new password in both the New passwordand New password (confirm)fields.
b) Click OK.
5. The self-serve menu is displayed, with a dialog box confirming your password was changed.
The password change is typically complete within a few seconds, but may take up to a minute.
Click Logoff to exit.
6. A dialog box confirms that your User ID is logged off.
For your security, we recommend that you exit from your Internet browser at this point, and start a new browser if Internet access is required.