Accessible Learning Services is a division of Student Success.
We are committed to ensuring that students with disabilities receive reasonable and effective academic accommodations and support services to participate fully in the academic environment.
Accessible Learning Services provides leadership, guidance and support across the college to help students, faculty and staff understand and embrace a fully accessible and inclusive campus environment. We believe that access to education for all students requires a collaborative relationship among all members of the college community.
We envision a healthy campus community, one that is fully accessible, inclusive and universally designed for the greatest possible access for all students. We believe that the diversity of student needs and experiences at George Brown College adds to the rich fabric of the college community.
- George Brown College has an Accessible Learning Policy that is guided by applicable legislation, including the Ontario Human Rights Code .
- OHRC Guidelines on Accessible Education - http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/guidelines-accessible-education/
- OHRC Policy on Mental Health and Addictions
- We follow the standards established by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) across all campuses and off-campus locations.
- The college also has a Captioned Media & E-Text Policy to provide all media in accessible formats.