Take the time to get better prepared for college life with some of these handy tips on things you can you do now!
- Start your Online Orientation experience by logging into Blackboard with your student ID and password.
- Download the GBC app to get quick access to your course schedule, college information and news and events.
- Submit your photo online for your Student Card, and do a quick pick up when you're on campus.
- Lockers can be purchased online at STU-View using a credit card or Visa Debit (for students with on-campus labs or classes).
- Register for your classes online through STU-View.
- Check out the Code of Student Behaviour and Community Standards and other policies to know what your rights and responsibilities are as a student.
- Learn how to navigate your online classes and all of the George Brown College platforms with the Online Learning Microsite.
- Check out this self-referral guide designed to help you navigate your first 30 days at the college
- Download important dates to the calendar of your choice through your Online Orientation.
- Check your STU-View account to verify if you are required to take a Math and/or English placement tests. You can book your placement test before classes begins by visiting the Assessment Centre website.
- Discover Office365, LinkedIn Learning, and other resources available to you as George Brown student.
- Fill out an intake form if you're a student with a disability, register with Accessible Learning Services.
- Find a part time job to help offset some expenses while you study and sharpen your interview skills at GBCareers.
- Apply for Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries through STU-View.
- Connect with George Brown on social media and stay up to date on what's happening.
- Join a club to meet some new people with shared interests or sign up to volunteer with our Student Leadership Academy to build your leadership and soft skills.
- Try out for a Varsity sport and join the GBC Huskies.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Student Life team at firstname.lastname@example.org