How to report COVID-19 exposure
Employees who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, who have tested positive, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 must do the following:
- Self-isolate immediately for 14 days after symptoms start or after contact with a person who has tested positive. Visit toronto.ca/home/covid-19 for more information.
- Contact Toronto Public Health at (416) 338-7600 or PublicHealth@toronto.ca.
- Alert Health, Safety and Wellbeing at HSW@georgebrown.ca.
- Notify your supervisor(s).
COVID-19 health & medical advice
For COVID-19 personal health or medical advice contact Toronto Public Health at (416) 338-7600 and visit toronto.ca/home/covid-19 for more information.
COVID-19 health and safety measures are in place for the limited number of employees approved to return to campus during the Fall 2020 semester. Find out what we're doing to protect your health.
Updated October 13, 2020
Please check the COVID-19 FAQs for employees.
do your part to stop the spread of COVID-19
The rising COVID-19 numbers in Ontario are concerning and remind us how critical it is that we continue to do our part to keep our community safe and curb the spread. We can change the trajectory of the numbers and keep each other safe by:
- Working online and staying away from campus unless you are required to be there.
- Maintaining physical distance at all times of at least two metres from others.
- Wearing a mask when you cannot maintain distance, and in all college buildings. Change out your masks and wash them daily. Wear them so they cover your nose, mouth and chin.
- Avoiding social gatherings, both indoors and outdoors, and limit interactions with anyone outside your household.
- Downloading the COVID Alert app. It lets users know if they’ve been exposed to the virus.
- Self-isolating for 14 days if you have had close contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19, or if you’ve returned from travel outside Canada.
If there is a confirmed case at a George Brown College campus, we will notify you via email and post the information at georgebrown.ca/covid-19.
Let’s do everything we can to stop the spread.
Supports for employees and their families
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the stress of these difficult times support is available through the Employee and Family Assistance Program provider Shepell FGI. In addition to mental health support and professional counselling services, the program offers information and resources related to children, elder care and other family services.
Employees and their families can call 1-866-833-7690 or visit workhealthlife.com.