Edith Strasser is a full-time professor at the School of Fashion for 32 years, and is currently teaching at a part-time capacity at the college. She has coordinated the growth and development of the subject of Textile Science and managed the courses of Textile testing classes in the Textile Laboratory at George Brown College. Edith has also participated in book reviews and content development for Textile Science texts, Quality Assurance texts and Apparel Manufacturing Texts (printed and electronic) for major textbook publishers. Edith often mentors graduating students and new entrepreneurship companies, providing advice and resources in apparel manufacturing and textiles. Most notably, Edith has participated in a number of industry and academic cooperation projects as advisor and researcher predominantly in Apparel sizing standard for Sears Canada, Deep mine uniforms development special need textiles and Green project of textile dry cleaning.
- B.Sc. Industrial Technology, Bemidji State University, 2004
- Industrial Technology, Shenkar College, Israel, 1973
Areas of Specialization
- 1983-Present – Professor, George Brown College, School of Fashion & Jewellery
- 1981-1983 – Manager, Sunshine Sportswear Inc.
- 1979-1981 – Industrial Engineer
- 1973-1979 – Production Manager