George Brown has partnered with Ten Thousand Coffees, a digital platform that links George Brown students with George Brown alumni over coffee, by phone or online. Get real advice from a real person with life or work experience you’re curious about. Ten Thousand Coffees George Brown Connect Café features alumni who want to help students and fellow alumni looking for encouragement and guidance around their career exploration.
What will you get from the program as an Alumni Industry Expert?
- Help students and recent graduates with their career exploration
- Share your insights and experience with those interested in your career path
- It’s a sociable way to give back to the GBC community.
What will you get from the program as a Recent Graduate?
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real world practice
- Build your network of other George Brown College students and alumni based on their industry and interests
How does George Brown Connect Café work?
- You’ll receive a monthly introduction to a student or fellow alumni based on your interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, inperson at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your inbox, so you don’t need to use another tool!
If you are interested in continuing your mentoring journey and becoming a mentor or mentee, we encourage you to register on the Ten Thousand Coffee Platform.