The Late Admit process has now ended for Winter 2020
Admissions process during start-up for domestic applicants: Winter 2020 (programs starting in January 2020)
From Monday January 6th to Friday January 17th, 2020 the College will consider late applications for open full-time post-secondary programs – i.e. programs which still have seats available for the January 2020 term.
A list of open programs will be posted on our website and at the locations listed below. This list will be updated on a daily basis. Please remember that programs may fill up at any time.
LATE ADMIT PROCEDURE
- You must apply through OntarioColleges.ca prior to meeting with an Admissions Officer to complete your application.
- Programs will remain open on the OCAS website for applications until Thursday January 16th, 2020. George Brown will receive your application from OCAS within 24 hours.
- Please remember that programs can fill up at any time
- We will continue to process applications already in our system during late admit periods, Monday January 6th to Friday January 17th
2. Please bring the following:
- Your Ontario Colleges (OCAS) application number
- Note: If you have not yet applied, you will be directed by one of our Admissions staff to apply online using college computers. You will need to pay the $95 OCAS application fee in order to apply – credit card payments will be accepted. No cash, debit, or personal cheques.
- Your admission requirements:
- i.e. official transcripts and proof of graduation from high school, college and/or university
- mature student testing is available where applicable
Domestic applicants with international transcripts:
International Transcripts must be evaluated (WES, ICAS) to be considered. Please note, most programs require a comprehensive assessment report and proof of English Proficiency. This can take 4-6 weeks to process, so if you do not have the evaluation completed at this time, then we ask you to consider a future intake. We will not be able to issue conditional offers during late admits for evaluations.
- If required, a valid proof of residency (e.g. Permanent Resident card, etc.)
- If required, proof of English language proficiency.
- If you are 18 years of age or under, your official transcript with proof of your completed Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) must be provided prior to the start of classes.
3. Once you arrive at the Casa Loma Student Service Centre:
- Take a ticket to join the queue for admissions
- Mature students may be required to take an admission test at the Assessment Centre.
- If your program includes a Divisional Selection component (interview, audition, etc.) you will be sent to the Academic Division.
Programs with Special Requirements (Divisional Select):
Certain programs have special requirements - a process in which the academic division is involved in evaluating the applicant. This can include: an interview, an audition, or a portfolio review (please check admissions requirements for details). If you are required to complete special requirements, you will be sent to the Academic Division right away to complete the assessment.
Please Note: Both special requirements and admissions assessments (tests) must be completed before the admissions decision can be made.
4. Upon successful completion of the application process:
- Students will be expected to pay within 24 hours. Please see the
Fee Payment section for information on how to pay your fees.
Note: Your fee payment must be received by the College on or before the due date or you will lose your seat in the program.
- Students may complete their payment and registration in-person with the registration team.
- Streaming for Math and English will be done following the assessment/placement test. Students who would like to apply for exemptions should apply for Transfer Credit Online via Stuview.
We need ALL documents at this time to complete an application during late admit, and will not complete an application or issue an offer without full documentation.
Open programs will be indicated as such on our website, and will be available on ontariocolleges.ca
** Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants meeting with the admissions staff members during start up, wait times may be long. Please be patient, as we spend time ensuring that each applicant receives fair consideration.
Locations and Hours of Operation
January 6th to 10th
8:00am- 6:00 pm Monday- Thursday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm- Friday.
January 13th to 17th
8:30am- 6:00 pm Monday- Thursday, 8:30 am- 5:00 pm- Friday.
Casa Loma Campus
Student Service Centre
160 Kendal Avenue, 3rd Floor
St. James Campus
Student Service Centre
200 King Street East, Lower Level
Waterfront Campus - NOT AVAILABLE
Go to the St. James Student Service Centre at 200 King Street East Lower Level