Applied Research Funding
The George Brown Collaborative Applied Research Fund was created to support staff and faculty research involving external partners (industry or community) and provide learning opportunities for student researchers. Funding is available to support the projects for 12 months, and all projects must align with one or more of the College's strategic priorities. The deadline for application is November 2nd, 2018 and decisions will be announced in December. Please contact Yuchen Sun at extension 5573 or at email@example.com.
- Collaborative Applied Research Application Form
- Collaborative Applied Research Instructions
- Planning Grant Budget
The George Brown Teaching and Learning Research Fund, funds projects that test new teaching methods or processes of teaching and/or learning. The methods must be scalable or replicable. Learning's from the research projects should be something that faculty across the college can use to enhance their teaching. Funding is available to support the projects for 12 months, and all projects must align with one or more of the College's strategic priorities. The deadline for application is November 2nd, 2018 and decisions will be announced in December. Please contact Yuchen Sun at extension 5573 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
George Brown College research is eligible for a range of funding programs from provincial and federal agencies and other sources. Follow these links to agency sites listing funding opportunities. Once you locate an appropriate funding source, please contact our office so that we can support your proposal.
- The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- Canadian Council on Learning
- Canadian Health Services Research Foundation
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Ministry of Research and Innovation
- National Research Council Canada
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), College and Community Innovation (CCI) funding program
- Ontario Centres of Excellence
- Ontario Innovation Trust (OIT)
- Precarn Inc.
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- Ministry of Health and Long- Term Care
Enabling the Innovation Economy