Every full-time George Brown student receives
their own college email account. This is where you’ll receive important college
notifications, so it’s important that you check your George Brow email
Your George Brown College account is the best way to:
- Ask your teachers questions
- Exchange study notes with a classmate
- Submit assignments
- Receive important information from the college on tuition, program status and transcripts
- Find out about class cancellations or schedule changes
- Keep track of important deadlines and key dates, like exams and intersession week
Your account—offering 100MB of storage capacity—also gives you access to Microsoft Exchange calendar functions. The calendar will allow for coordination with your instructors and key college contacts regarding office hours, advising sessions, consultations and other important dates. You’ll also be able to easily send group emails to other students by program or course.
About your email address
You’ve been provided with an email address that consists of your first initial and last name, and if necessary, a number. For example, John Doe’s email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org and a second John Doe would be email@example.com. This address will remain active through your time at George Brown and for one year following completion of your program.
How to set up your George Brown email
You can access your new account by going to https://mail.georgebrown.ca .
- To log in, enter your student ID number as your user name and the password you received with your registration package.
- Once you’re in your inbox, you can discover your new personal email address by clicking on Options, near top right-hand corner of screen.
- Then click on About, on the left-hand Options bar. The first item displayed: Mailbox owner, contains your email address.
It’s important that you do this as soon as possible, because your teachers will be expecting you to use this address when you submit assignments throughout the semester.
How to forward your George Brown emails to your personal account
If you want to receive your personal and school emails in one inbox, it is possible to have your George Brown email forwarded to your personal account (Hotmail, Live, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) or you might prefer to have your personal email forwarded to your George Brown account. Learn how to forward your George Brown emails to your personal account.
Forwarding is a convenient way to receive all your email in one place, but please note that if you forward your George Brown College email to your personal account there is a risk of emails being lost or blocked by spam filters in the process of forwarding. Should any such problems occur, students will not be exempt of their responsibilities to the college.
If you’d like to know more about the college’s student email, please read our Student Email Frequently Asked Questions.