George Brown College encourages the growth of its employees through its professional development and training practices. The Tuition Assistance Program is specifically intended to encourage and assist our staff to obtain further educational qualifications. Progressive professional development and training practices support, reflect, and are aligned with the College's Mission, Values and Strategic Plans.
You are eligible for tuition reimbursement if:
- You are a permanent full-time employee
- You are enrolled in and have successfully completed approved post-secondary credit courses leading to a certificated, diploma, or degree at an accredited post-secondary institution
- The goals and outcomes of any course or program must specifically align with the College's objectives
- Staff Development must approve this application before you pay for and begin the course
- You successfully complete the course
You are not eligible if:
- The program/courses are taken at an un-accredited post-secondary institution
- There is no formal evaluation process at the end of each module
- The courses or programs were taken prior to the employees' employment with the College
Employees are expected to remain employed at the College for a period of at least two years following the termination of their studies. If an employee voluntarily leaves the College within two years of completion of their studies, s/he will be required to re-pay the tuition granted on a pro-rated basis.
George Brown College will consider reimbursement of tuition expenses for any approved and successfully completed post-secondary credit course leading to certificate diploma at an accredited post-secondary institution for all full time employees to a life-time maximum of $5,000. In addition we will consider reimbursement of tuition expenses for any approved and successfully completed post-secondary credit course leading to a degree at an accredited post-secondary institution for all full time employees to a life-time maximum of $7,500.
George Brown College will further give consideration for tuition reimbursement to full time employees pursuing Graduate and Post-graduate degrees, up to an additional $10,000 for a Masters degree (a total life-time maximum of $15,000) and up to an additional $15,000 for a doctoral degree (a total life-time maximum of $20,000).
For more information on The Tuition Assistance Program, Please contact: Leon Johnson