About Staff Development
Aligned with the strategic goals and directions of the College, the Staff Development office provides a wide variety of learning opportunities for all George Brown College employees, designed to increase current skill sets and to provide opportunities for growth and future development.
The Staff Development office at George Brown works collaboratively with College departments and external partners in developing new and innovative programs designed to facilitate the growth of the College employees and ultimately contributing to the education of our students.
What’s Happening in Organizational and Staff Development?
Information and Access
George Brown College has purchased an iStream Subscription. iStream is the League for Innovation’s online repository with over 200,000 pieces of resources and tools, available for access by everyone at George Brown College (administration, faculty, and support staff).
What you have access to through your iStream subscription:
- Conference presentations: keynote and special session videos, PowerPoint presentations from the League’s international conferences
- Professional Development Modules: programs that provide faculty and staff comprehensive teaching and learning practices with online and hybrid materials, real- and any-time progressive learning activities, and assessment strategies (From LENs and Getting Results)
- Webinars: front-row, free seating to practical, thought-provoking workshops and webinars that are relevant to community colleges today
- eLearning Courses: open access, or discounted options, focused on Open Educational Resource courses and programs, featuring an array of workforce and specialty online learning programs
- Publications: unlimited 24/7 access to full-length electronic versions of books, monographs, and reports published by the League – available to everyone at your institution
- Partners Spotlight: the latest product developments, features, and services from state of the latest companies that serve the community college and higher education field
- League Projects: ground breaking contributions from League board and member colleges covering innovative programs, critical issues, and the developing needs in community colleges
- 10 Questions: promotes professional, candid, and intriguing responses from leaders in a variety of roles. Faculty and staff in leadership positions will gain valuable insight into how successful leaders achieve results
From thought-provoking learning guides and classroom aids, to best practices and innovative project strategies, use iStream to find the information and tools that are already exceeding in other colleges. With iStream, subscribers have new opportunities to integrate proven, high-quality courses, degrees, and training programs to meet academic, workforce, and community education needs.
Create your own account and log in today!
Go to http://www.league.org/istream
- Select your institution from the dropdown box.
- Enter your first and last name, and institutional email address.
- Click on submit. You will receive a confirmation email with further instructions for logging in and creating your password.
Please note that not all of the resources contained via this link meet the George Brown College criteria re accessibility (for example the videos that are shared from various colleges are not captioned) and therefore, not vetted for use as presentation resources. We are in negotiation with the hosting organization to investigate potential solutions.