Program Comparison Help

Decision-making made easy! This tool gives you a breakdown of individual programs offered at George Brown College and how they differ from other programs you’re interested in. Use this tool to select up to 10 programs to compare, helping you make the right choice for the career you want.

1. Under Program Comparison, click Add a New Program

2. Search for one of the programs you’re interested in (either alphabetically, by interest or by job)

3. Click on the title of the program in the menu

4. Click Add to Comparison

5. Continue searching for programs using steps 2-4

6. When you’re done, clicking Program Comparison will give you a preview of the programs and the option to delete, add or clear all

7. Open Program Compare for more details and an easy-to-read comparison of the programs you’ve selected



Students who are considering studying or working overseas as part of their academic program are often concerned about the financial costs.

What costs will I be responsible for?
All students are responsible for paying their own accommodation fees, travel costs (return airfare), health and travel insurance, visa application fee (if applicable) and all other livings expenses while abroad.

How do I pay my tuition fees for my study or work abroad experience?
All students who participate in an international program pay their tuition and placement fees to George Brown College. No tuition fees are typically paid to the host institution.

Will I still receive funding from the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)?
Students may qualify for financial assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or the financial aid program from their home province for study or work abroad if:

  • Students are registered for the period in which they are studying or working abroad, and have made necessary fee payments, including deferrals
  • Studying or working abroad is a mandatory component of the program in order to receive the certificate, diploma or degree

Students should contact George Brown College’s Financial Assistance Office at least two months prior to departure, in order to make all necessary arrangements, and must meet all criteria to qualify for OSAP. The study or work abroad component will be considered a regular part of the OSAP assessment.