Proof of Enrolment Letters
A proof of enrolment, or certification, letter provides proof that you are a registered George Brown student. A proof of enrolment letter is required for a variety of application processes. Requesting a proof of enrolment letter is simple:
- Complete the proof of enrolment letter request form.
- Submit the form to the International Centre. This can be done by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail or in person.
- Your proof of enrolment letter will be ready within two business days of the International Centre receiving it. Once it is ready, you may pick it up from the International Centre’s front desk during regular business hours.
International Student Post-Secondary Health Insurance Plan
Health insurance for international students is managed by the George Brown College Student Association. You can find more information about the International Health Insurance Plan on the following webpages:
For more information on other services and events offered by the Student Association, visit the Student Association website.
Your Student Photo ID card identifies you as a student at George Brown College, giving you access to many of our services and facilities. You should carry your Student Photo ID card with you at all times. See General Student Card information.
To get your student card you must:
- Be a registered “Active” student and have no “Holds” on your GBC account.
- If you qualify, go to the closest George Brown College Photo ID Centre. You can avoid line-ups by taking advantage of George Brown College’s Online Student Photo Submission process. Please see a list of Photo ID Centre locations.
- Your Student ID card is also a Library Borrower Card and a Print/Copy-card used for photocopying and printing in the campus Library Learning Commons. To have your card activated as your Borrower Card, simply take it to the Library Learning Common Help Desk.
During the busy fall term the College arranges special photo-id sessions. See dates and times.
Improving Your English and Getting Academic Assistance
There are a number of ways to improve your English and/or get help with your studies:
- Simply getting out and being involved, joining a club, a sports team, and attending events can be a great way to improve your English and make friends. Check the Campus Life webpage to get involved.
- The Tutoring and Learning Centre (TLC) offers free tutoring services in English, ESL and math.
- GBC’s Peer Tutoring Program offers free and accessible tutoring for all students to assist with skill development in English and math.
- Peer Assisted Learning offers a collaborative environment for individual, group or team learning.
- Attend the GBC Language Café to meet other students from around the Casa Loma campus and practice your English in a social way.
George Brown can provide students with official academic transcripts for applications, official documentation or other purposes. Transcript requests must be submitted in writing. Please find more information about requesting a transcript on the George Brown transcript webpage.
Many students occasionally face difficult challenges, either in school or in their personal lives. George Brown College’s professional counsellors are able to provide free, confidential help for both academic and non-academic issues.
To book an appointment with a counsellor drop by one of the counselling offices or email email@example.com.
The Career Centre offers a variety of services designed to help you achieve your career goals. These include workshops, an online job board and individual consultations with an advisor. You can learn more about these services on the Career Centre webpage.
George Brown Athletics offers fitness classes and intramural sports teams.