Learn from industry experts
Whatever your area of interest you’ll have an expert to guide you in your training for:
- Hotel and restaurant management
- Hospitality, tourism, and leisure
- Food and beverage management
- Special Event planning
- Culinary nutrition
Our network of industry professionals includes leaders, influencers and visionaries. They provide input on course design, student mentorships and field education externships based on their unique knowledge of the industry.
How students and industry professionals benefit from our vibrant industry network:
- Students learn vital skills as they train and connect with mentors that can help them shape their careers when they begin working.
- Industry professionals help to shape program design and meet prospective employees who are highly trained and job ready.
- Our industry partners work with us to make sure that our training programs are current and cutting edge, and that our students get insights and education not found in textbooks. Our Program Advisory Committees (PAC) ensure our curriculum is on the cusp of trends, and prepares students for the hospitality industry.
Industry placements – learn by doing
Want to showcase your skills while gaining practical experience? You’ll love our industry externships.
If you are pursuing a hotel management diploma, food management diploma or special event planner diploma, you’ll have the chance to spend seven weeks in your final year working in hospitality and tourism with some of the most respected companies and brands in the industry.
Hotels, restaurants and event venues that participate in our placement program include:
- Holiday Inn on King
- Bay Bloor Executive Suites
- Cambridge Suites
- Best Western Primrose
- Delta Meadowvale
- Marriott Eaton Centre
- Stage West All Suite Hotel
- Windsor Arms Hotel
- Metropolitan Hotel
- Comfort Suites Hotel
- Ramada Hotel & Suites
- Days Inn Conference Centre
- Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites
- Days Inn Conference Centre
- Four Points By Sheraton
- Fairmont Royal York
- Le Meridian King Edward Hotel
- Westin Prince Hotel
- Hilton Suites Airport
- Oliver Bonacini Restaurants
- Imago Restaurants
- Susur Restaurant
- Sir Corp Restaurants
- North 44
Our industry partnerships also extend beyond Toronto. You can choose to complete a part of your diploma abroad. We are connected to the following international schools:
To stay on the cutting edge of hospitality and tourism career training, we rely on the advice and insights of The Hospitality and Tourism Sector Council. Made up of industry leaders and college alumni, the Council meets twice a year, providing strategic direction on programming, facilities and hot industry trends.
- Mark McEwan, North 44° Restaurant
- Neil Osbourne, Hospitality Clublink Corporation
- William J. Pallett, Delta Hotels
- Dufflet Rosenberg, Dufflet Pastries
- Mary Sardella, Four Seasons Hotel
- Bonnie Stern, Bonnie Stern School of Cooking
- Carol Stoddard, Metro Toronto Convention Service
- Lise Struwing, Westmount Hospitality Group
- Biagio Vinci, Biagio Ristorante
- Colleen Walker, Catered Affare Fine Foods Inc.
- Michael Carlevale, Prego Della Piazza
- John K. Cordeaux, Royal York Hotel
- Jim Demeroutis, St. Hubert's
- Nick Di Donato, Liberty Entertainment Group
- Donna Dooher, Mildred Pierce Restaurants
- Douglas P. Fisher, FHG International Inc.
- Gino Giancola, Tourism Toronto
- Charles Grieco, Ontario Hostelry Institute
- John Higgins, George Brown College
- John Hodgson, Compass Group Canada
- Bonnie Holbrook, Fairmont Royal York
- Derek Lawday, Crowne Plaza Toronto Hotel
- Fred Lawlor, Avendra Canada
- Esther Lee, Metro Toronto Convention Centre