How to Apply
1. Choose a Program(s)
The Intensive English Program
See our Intensive English Program at www.georgebrown.ca/esl/iep.aspx
You can apply to this program if you do not have the required TOEFL or IELTS score or other proof of English proficiency for diploma/degree studies.
The base tuition fee for the Intensive English Program is CA $2,560 per 8 week session (not including administrative/material fees).
2. Fill Out and Send the Application Form
A $65 non-refundable application fee is required. All applications must be complete and have all required documents.
Applications and supporting documents required for post-secondary programs (diplomas or degrees) can be sent by courier/mail or e-mail scan with:
- A signed George Brown Application Form with the program choice(s), program name and code. International Student Application Form: Download the accessible PDF version of the International Student Guide. The International Student Guide is also available in other languages: www.georgebrown.ca/international/.
- Notarized translations of diploma and transcripts of senior secondary school and/or other level of post-secondary education completed (for post graduate certificate applications)
- Copies of originals should be attested as “true copies” by the educational institution or a notary
- Proof of English proficiency, if you have, such as TOEFL or IELTS
- Copy of passport page containing photo and personal information
If sending electronic scanned documents, please note the following:
- Please send all required documents, with application and application fee
- Please do not send any extra, unrequired documents
- GBC Admissions Officers reserve the right to request original documents if there are any doubts or questions with regard to authenticity or legibility of submitted electronic documents
If sending by mail or courier, we strongly recommend that all application materials be sent in one package. Otherwise, the processing of your application will be delayed. Please be advised that George Brown College is not able to return original documents submitted. We recommend that you send “attested” copies of originals only.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 416-415-5000, Ext. 2115
International Centre at St. James Campus
George Brown College
200 King St. East, Main Floor
Toronto, ON Canada M5A 3W8
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information, see the International Education section of the George Brown College website at www.georgebrown.ca/international/