A Great Place To Work
Thank you for your interest in George Brown College Foundation. Currently, there are no vacancies available. However, We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please email your resume and covering letter (as one (1) document in PDF format) to:
Trinity Zhang – email@example.com
Or send by mail to:
George Brown College Foundation
Attention: Trinity Zhang
St. James Campus
200 King Street East
Toronto, Ontario M5A 3W8
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: President
Support To: Foundation Staff Members, Divisional Leads
Position Type: part time (24 hours per week)
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the President, Director of Development & Communications, and the Manger of Finance. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating administrative activities for the Foundation.
In addition to facilitating and organizing Board communication and activities, the incumbent participates in fundraising activities, and the business planning process.
The incumbent will be expected to participate in special events and other Foundation initiatives – some initiatives will extend beyond the regular working hours. Some evenings and weekends are required.
Administrative – 40%
- Provides administrative support to the President (i.e. scheduling meetings, travel plans, and expense reports. etc.)
- Supports the Manager of Finance through inventory management and creation of reporting materials
- Supports the coordination and creation of meeting materials, board reports, minute taking and other activities as assigned
- Proactively provides reminders to the President to ensure smooth daily operation of the Foundation
- Acts as a liaison with Board members, or their delegates and the George Brown College President’s office to coordinate dates and activities in alignment with Foundation priorities
- Supports Board engagement through scheduling meetings, preparing board documents and any other board meeting requirements (ongoing board meetings and ad hoc requests)
- Takes minutes at Foundation meetings, Board meetings, and any other ad hoc meetings as required
- Inputs pertinent notes and donor / prospect information in to Raiser’s Edge
- Prepare, draft or process a variety of documents, including but not limited to, internal/external correspondence, purchase requisitions, travel authorizations, expense reports.
- Conduct various administrative duties including photocopying, word processing and other general office duties.
- Responsible for receiving, sorting and processing mail, maintain records of cheques in deposit log book, processes work orders to facilities, sends technical requests to helpdesk, etc.
- Assists database activities as necessary (i.e. gift batches, add notes and follow up action, data clean-up projects, etc.)
- Ensures office supplies are appropriately stocked and managed (i.e. order and replace printer cartridges, paper, etc.)
- Organizes data and receipts for credit, card, cash, and travel expense statements
- Provides human resources support including submitting new staff ID form and voice mail form, requesting office access through security, etc.
- Answers general phone, email, and in-person inquiries and manages the GBC Foundation general email account
- Arranges courier, mailing, and catering services for the office
- Oversees and manages the Foundation Boardroom calendars, coordinates schedules, and approves booking requests
Fundraising Support– 20%
- Actively participates in direct / indirect fundraising activities (i.e. Family Campaign asks, silent auction promoter, etc.)
- Supports administrative work related to Direct Mail fundraising campaigns (i.e. annual mailer post office drops, printing of annual mailers, etc.)
- Supports administrative work related to Annual and Alumni giving
- Support the processing of Endowment / Gift agreements
- Coordinates of the divisional awards with the awards office and the Foundation through scheduling meetings and other document preparation
- Creates student profiles for the donor endowment reports (annually)
Special Events - 30%
- Supports Foundation special events by playing a key role in coordinating and execution
- Supports printing and collating materials for special events (i.e. name tags, folder preparation, etc.)
Business Planning – 5%
- Supports business planning through participation and preparing documentation
- Builds and delivers plans and activities to support financial objectives of the Foundation with reasonable expenditures
Other Duties as Assigned – 5%
- Supports other Foundation activities as assigned
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- 2 year diploma from recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing administrative support to Senior Executives
- Must possess high standards of professional etiquette
- Embraces a service-centric attitude
- Sound judgment, strong analytical skills, flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional business demeanor with the ability to address complex/confidential/sensitive matters in a discreet and diplomatic manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including spelling, grammar and the ability to compose routine correspondence and edit draft documents.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and resume to the George Brown College Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 416-415-5011.
George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Hiring Manager responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants, however only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Position Title: Development Officer, Annual Giving
Closing Date: October 21, 2016
The Development Officer, Annual Giving is responsible for the development and management of a
comprehensive, strategic, and integrated effort to build the base of individual donors and increase the
level of support through annual, alumni and online giving at George Brown College Foundation. The
Development Officer works to gain and build unrestricted, support for the Annual Fund by providing
strategic approaches to direct-marketing fundraising including direct mail and online donation modules.
The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Development and Communications, and takes a hands-on
entrepreneurial approach to the implementation of these programs and other Foundation
Planning and Reporting:
- Develop an annual strategy plan in collaboration with the Director of Development and
Communications with respect to annual, online and alumni giving (Alumni plan to be reviewed
with Alumni Director)
- Conduct, gather and interpret and analyze research to identify trends to inform relevant
- Set annual targets to realize year-over-year increases (with associated annual budget) to
support overall business planning
- Prepare and present quarterly reporting of results compared to targets
- Create, manage and maintain multiple online donation pages; stay informed of technological
advances and product development to ensure that George Brown College Foundation's online
giving vehicles remain relevant
- Responsible for the solicitation of annual donors through direct mail solicitation, including the
organization and management of content, design, printing, data, mailing, tracking and reporting
- Reporting on results and increase annual revenue by improving content through testing,
expanding different segments, and other creative ways to reach donors
- Strive to maintain AODA compliance on all online pages
- Manage a pool of annual donors, and identify leadership prospects within the pool for moves
- Maintain good donor relationships, adhering to donor-centric standards
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department, and Alumni Department to design, identify,
cultivate, and solicit alumni as a major strategy to develop annual funds
- Collaborate with academic divisions in relation to divisional awards (i.e. process, allocation,
- Implement the Annual Family Campaign within the college and collaborate with the Marketing
department and other areas to ensure the success of year over year growth
- Work in accordance with established standards for Raiser's Edge usage
- In collaboration with the Academic Divisions, GBC Awards department, and the Associate,
Database & Financial Management, ensure that award funds are appropriately designated and
tracked, in accordance with industry best practices, CRA regulations, and Canadian Human
Rights regulations; reach out to donors as necessary to address donor issues, including, but not
limited to, criteria selection
- Create, execute and track gift agreements for all scholarship awards at GBCF
- Maintain online infrastructure for additional programs as needed, i.e. matching gift search
software or e-blast capabilities
- Assist with the production and distribution of the annual financial reports for endowment fund
donors with student bios
- Supports administrative and other duties as required
- Input pertinent notes and donor / prospect information in to Raiser's Edge
- Assist with communications, stewardship, and events as needed
- Some initiatives will extend beyond the regular working hours. Some evenings and weekends
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and
3+ years of experience in related role(s), including database query / direct marketing experience
- Exceptional oral communication skills with specific talent in negotiations as well as general
- Excellent organizational skills relating to planning, record-keeping, and maintaining and
executing a timetable of activities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to implement strategic plans
Graphic design experience is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Raiser's Edge, Adobe Creative Suite, web 2.0
- Team player
Please send covering letter and resume to email@example.com
October 21, 2016
The George Brown College Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however,
only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The George Brown College Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.