In our modern and updated learning space, you will have access to the best equipment, the latest technology and industry-trained instructors.
Expand your creativity through hands-on training designed to make you job ready for even the most exacting restaurant or kitchen environment. Located at 300 Adelaide St. East in the heart of downtown Toronto, the home base for the George Brown Chef School is a newly renovated facility, featuring:
- Twelve state-of-the-art specialty cooking, bar and wine labs, including student project space for group work
- Fully equipped classrooms and computer labs with Smart classroom automation/AV and featuring the most current industry software
- Chef School faculty and staff are top industry professionals with experience at some of the world's finest hotels, resorts and restaurants and who continue to be involved in the industry
- Our ‘Chef on the Run’ take-out shop which sells meals prepared daily by our students to the public
- Our Chef School students have won over 100 Canadian and International awards, and George Brown is perceived by GTA-based employers as the GTA college that produces the highest quality graduates with the skills they value most.
(Northstar Research, GBC Employer Tracking Research, February 2011)
- The Toronto Star’s Christopher Hume named George Brown’s Culinary and Hospitality Arts building one of Toronto’s top five buildings for its unique architecture and design
The Chef School: Learning Environment (video)
The Chefs' House – learn in a real-life restaurant environment
Torontonians are passionate about food. At The Chefs’ House, you will have the chance to interact with customers in real life work situations within our student-operated restaurant in the heart of downtown Toronto.
Whether you’re applying your culinary training, trying out a new recipe from your pastry courses or using hotel and restaurant management skills, you’ll get to work in a fully functioning, high-end restaurant.
Working at The Chefs’ House, you will have the chance to:
- Work with top talent from Canada and around the world
- Cook in a state-of-the-art kitchen under the supervision of renowned chefs
- Serve to the exacting standards of discerning diners
- Get real world experience in a hip, dynamic restaurant
- Learn in one of six new smart classrooms
Culinary students are front and centre in The Chefs’ House, with a large, open-concept kitchen anchoring the 70-seat dining room and bar area. A private dining room, with a capacity for parties of up 16 guests, is located in the restaurant’s lower level.
“When you look at the set-up here, I wish I were a student. Honestly, when I went to college, we had nowhere near the kind of set-up they’ve got here at The Chefs’ House. I’m blown away with the standards that are produced here.”
-Chef Gordon Ramsay on Canada AM, CTV National
Visit www.thechefshouse.com for more information.
First Impressions supports our Vision of The Canadian Icon For Hospitality & Culinary Arts Training
The industry looks to us as leaders in our field – we want and need each and every one of our students to own this, be proud of it and live up to these high standards.
At George Brown, students are taught and practice what we call First Impressions, which sets them apart from their peers and helps them achieve professionalism and pride in their conduct.
For more information on how First Impressions can advance your education, please visit the First Impressions program page.
By volunteering with programs like First Impressions or the Dean’s Recognition Program, not only will you meet like-minded students and make lifelong friendships, but you’ll get noticed by future employers and respected professionals.
We are steps away from St. Lawrence Market, where you’ll have access to the city’s best produce and ingredients.
The friendships you foster will help you develop professionally and personally as you experience the best of campus life.
Can’t visit us in person? Take a virtual tour of our award-winning labs and kitchens to get the full George Brown Chef School experience.
Visit us in person!
Visit George Brown College in person by signing up for one of our Discovery Days. You’ll learn more about our programs and how to secure financial aid. Space is limited, so register today!