The Premier's Awards is an annual provincial awards program created by the government to recognize the important economic and social contribution college graduates make to Ontario. Award nominees receive a bronze medal and direct a five thousand dollar bursary to the college of their choice.
There are 6 categories and one graduate may be nominated in each category:
- Applied Arts: Creative Arts and Design
- Applied Arts: Community Services
- Health Sciences
- Recent Graduate
Winner for the 2014 Premier's Awards
Winner for the 2013 Premier's Awards
- Jim Caruk, Graduate 1976, Sheet Metal Worker Apprenticeship (technology category).
Winners for the 2012 Premier’s Awards
- Roger Mooking, Graduate 2001, Culinary Management (creative arts and design category).
Winners for the 2010 Premier’s Awards
- Dennis Niebergal, Graduate 1976, Business – Electronic Data Processing (technology category).
- Mark McEwan, Graduate 1978, Chef Apprentice (creative arts and design category).
Winners for the 2007 Premier's Award
- Elio Pacheco, Graduate 1988, Business (business category)
- Bonnie Stern, Graduate 1971, Culinary Management (creative arts and design category)
Winner for the 2006 Premier's Award
- Vicky Cheng, Graduate 2005, Culinary Management (recent graduate category)
Winners for the 2005 Premier's Award
- Deborah Dudgeon, Graduate 1979, Nursing (health sciences category)
- Beth Jordan, Graduate 1995, Assaulted Women and Children Counsellor/Advocate (community services category).
Do you know of a candidate for the Premier's Awards? If so, please submit this nominee information form.