This information page aims to answer your questions about assessment procedures at George Brown College. If you need assistance booking your test, call 416-415-2000 or email email@example.com.
How do I book my assessment?
George Brown College offers several convenient ways to book your assessment:
- Go to STU-VIEW and log in using your Student ID number and password.
- Once you have logged in, please select "Book English/Math Assessment & Placement Tests" under "Registration Services."
- By Telephone:
- Please call 416-415-2000 and follow the automated instructions.
- Alternatively, call the Contact Centre at 416-415-2000 or 1-800-265-2002.
- For students with disabilities requiring accommodations:
- If you require accommodations during the assessment, you must register with Accessible Learning Services prior to booking your test. Please contact 416-415-5000 ext. 2622 or visit Accessible Learning Services
- Once you have completed your registration with Accessible Learning Services and your accommodations have been arranged, you may book your assessment by calling 416-415-5000 ext. 2624. Please allow 5 business days before booking your assessment.
How much do assessments cost?
Please refer to the fee schedule below. Fees must be paid by certified cheque, debit, money order, MasterCard, Visa or cash (personal cheques cannot be accepted) on the day of your assessment.
- 1 subject (Math or Science) – $35
- 1 subject (English) – $40
- 2 subjects (e.g. English and Math) – $40
- 3 subjects (English, Math and Science) – $40
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) – $60
Where are assessments held?
Brown has multiple locations and testing availability varies by location. You will select your location when you book your assessment.
What should I do on the day of my assessment?
- Bring this letter and valid government-issued photo identification to your assessment.
- Do not bring calculators or dictionaries – these will be provided, where appropriate, by the Assessment Centre.
- AVOID bringing personal items such as computers, cell phones or bags into the test lab. Leave large purses/wallets and other private items at home if you do not wish to leave them unattended in the test room storage area. The college is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced items.
- Give yourself extra time to get there. Late arrivals may have to be rescheduled.
How can I study or prepare for the assessment?
Please visit the Assessment Centre website for sample questions and helpful links.
For any further questions regarding your assessment, please contact 416-415-5000 ext. 4992.